The HD 5 Black Insert Stove can be simply installed into a standard solid fuel fireplace opening, and can greatly increase the efficiency of your fire. Open fires can be as low as 20% efficient, with the majority of the heat escaping up the chimney. The HD 5 Black Insert Stove has an efficiency rating of 78.5% making it an extremely efficient option.
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Fewer toxins discharged into the atmosphere
- Reduces heat loss up the flue when unlit
- Re-fuel less often
- Full cast iron construction
- Airwash technology to keep glass clean
- Large ceramic glass door
- Easy removal for flue cleaning
- Fits into existing 16” standard fireplace opening
- Less ash = less cleaning
- Available in matt black or black enamel
- Overall size (WxHxD) 485mm x 593mm x 340mm
- Weight (kg) 68
- Output to room 5kW/17,060BTU
- Fuel Type Wood or Solid Fuel*
- Efficiency 78.5%
- Flue Diameter 5″/127mm
- Dimensions are approximate and are subject to change without prior notice. Please double check all measurements
*Wood moisture content should be below 20% for optimum burning.
Guidance Note on Burning Solid Fuel / (Briquette Smokeless Fuel) Please be aware that some smokeless fuels (Solid fuel / Briquettes) may cause the inner surface of the stoves ceramic glass to turn cloudy or crystallise. This is caused by a reaction of some fuels during the combustion process due to excess sulphur in the fuels. Unfortunately the glass manufacturers will not warranty their products from this phenomenon. Regrettably this cannot be controlled or prevented by the stove manufacturer and therefore we cannot offer any warranty. There are no known safety issues, the only effect will be a visual one. Solid fuel requires air from underneath the grate which in turn reduces the effects of the secondary airwash. You will notice a dark grey haze on the back of the ceramic glass. It is important to clean this off the glass when the stove is cold using a stove glass cleaner. Repeated firing of the stove without cleaning the glass daily when burning solid fuel greatly increases the chances of glass turning cloudy / crystallising. To minimise this condition we strongly recommend burning well-seasoned or kiln dried wood logs using only the airwash controls only, (Primary air controls closed).
|Dimensions||48.5 × 34 × 59.3 cm|
|Flue Size Ø|
May require factory order.
Order today to reduce the wait!